Ancient Roman forum, where Julius Caesar stopped after crossing the Rubicon (as a statue and a memorial cippus testify it), it had been a market-place for centuries; later on, it was called Piazza Tre Martiri in memory of three young partisans executed here on 16th August 1944. A marble insert indicates the spot.
It has been recently upgraded through very accurate works of paving.
All the square is lit with 14 stemmed bodies as in the early century.
It is still today the town centre with shops, offices, coffee bars and pastry shops.
Along the way it is possible to see part of the rests of the ancient roman pavement in enclosed openings.
On the east side is the Torre dell'Orologio dating from 1547, reconstructed by Buonamici and restored in 1933. The clock face has a solar-lunar calendar dating from 1750.
Beneath the clock tower a War Memorial.
Piazza Tre Martiri - Rimini